Thursday, November 18, 2010

Game 16: Bruins 3, Rangers 2

Like I said, I missed the first period entirely and caught the second on the radio due to work, so I don't have nearly enough to go on for a full reaction. Here are a couple of "quick hits" instead:

  • Great individual effort from Tyler Seguin on his second period goal. Seguin hasn't had much of an impact on recent games, but he also hasn't been playing poorly. He felt that he had been mired in a slump, but had the backing of his coach and his teammates. Seguin really showed his speed and his wicked wrister on the play, two of his biggest assets. Great goal by the rookie.
  • The B's have been uncharacteristically sloppy in their own end for the past few games. The B's are usually one of the more defensively-responsible teams when it comes to taking care of the puck in their own zone, but have been committing numerous turnovers ever since the Montreal game last week. Last night, there were more than a few occasions where a Bruin had a chance to get the puck out of the zone but instead made an ill-advised pass or simply turned the puck over. Tim Thomas stepped up to save his mates' skins on more than one occasion last night, but it won't always end happily.
  • I liked the new jerseys the Rangers wore last night. The jerseys are being worn as the team celebrates its 85th anniversary this year, and while they aren't all that different from the Rangers' usual attire, I liked the darker blue and the "NEW YORK" on the front. A nice, simple look for one of the NHL's earliest clubs.
  • Wides returns tomorrow night, and I can't go to the game. Major disappointment.
Like I said, I didn't see much...I get points for writing something though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment